Thursday 10 March 2016

My Go-To Book

As a keen reader, I've found myself scouring book shops during a majority of my shopping trips. Over the years, I have purchased a libraries worth of books, and the collection is consistently being added to. However there is one book placed on my shelf which I always pick up without hesitation when wishing to re-read something once again. I have read this book several times, and I have finished it within days each time, which is rare for me as I often get bored of some books or can not seem to grasp the plot or understanding of the characters, therefore I have to re-read chapters. Each time I have read this book, I have discovered a new love for it, analysing and vividly imagining the scenery and my favourite characters, as if they are all surrounding me.


My Go-To Book is The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
I have been a lover of Sparks' work for as long as I remember, and The Last Song is by far my favourite. Like most of his books, this has been made into a film, starring Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. It is a fabulous film, but of course, I prefer the book. Small detail is missed in the movie, and it is those which create the real imagery of the characters and their surroundings.

Although a typical story about a teenage summer romance, this novel has an unexpected twist to it, and there is various moments which make it unlike the others of this genre. I have always wished for there to be a sequence to this book, and I have found myself composing a story for their lives after the summer at Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina.


If you enjoy Romance novels and are searching for an easy read to touch your heart, then I would definitely recommend this book. It is certainly my favourite book, and I look forward to picking it up off the shelf once again.

What's your go to book?
Any book recommendations?

Autumn-Blaze
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment