Wednesday 13 April 2016

American Style Pancakes | Baking

Pancakes are a guilty pleasure of mine. If they didn't exist, neither would the tub on my belly, but they're far too good to resist! Everytime I stay at my boyfriends, the 6:30am get up is made bearable by the thought of the generous 15 minute journey to McDonald's so I can devour some pancakes, mmmm.

Today I decided to attempt to make some pancakes. I say attempt, as let's face it, I'm not brilliant at making them - unless I buy them from Tesco and microwave them, then they're perfect. Surely that counts?



The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients

135g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
130ml milk
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted butter or olive oil

Method

1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then progressing to whisk in the melted butter.

2. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat together with a fork until you have a smooth batter. Allow this to stand for a few minutes.

3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When this has melted, add a ladle of batter into the pan and wait until the top of the pancake begins to bubble. Then, turn over the pancake and cook it until both sides are golden brown. The pancakes should have risen to about 1cm thick.

4. Repeat this until all of the batter has been used.

5. Serve with a topping of your choice.



I chose to top my pancakes with chocolate spread, lemon juice and sugar. A greedy bums paradise! They look quite gross, because quite frankly, I'll never meet the McDonald's expectations, but practise makes perfect so hopefully I'll get the hang of it!

I hope that you enjoyed this baking post, I look forward to posting more recipes in the near future.

Autumn-Blaze
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I adore pancakes, they are probably one of my favorite desserts. :)

    www.yellenah.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete