Saturday 30 January 2016

Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel | Review


Blonde hair, blue eyes, pale skin. That's me. I've always been the family member which comes home from a week abroad, still looking the same as I did before. Life is better with a tan. I instantly feel more confident and the sun does miracles for my skin, but my tans always have to be fake.

Spray tans were a favourite of mine from the age of 14 to around 17, however after many people at school soon nicknamed me 'potato', I knew it was time to stop. I've attempted to embrace my paleness, but I just want to be one of those tanned Australian girls you see on Tumblr...is that too much to ask for?!
My Nan is a tad fairer than me, and attempts to use gradual tan products every once in a while, and if all fails, it's handed to me to try. This time, she gave me the Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel.

After a hot bath, I used Vaseline's Cocoa Radiant Lotion to moisturise my skin in preparation for the fake tan. This lotion itself claims to release your skins inner glow, but more to the point it smells sooooo good!! I then progressed to use the Clarins Instant Gel. It was discovered that the gel itself is transparent, therefore you cannot see where you have already applied, leading to leaving a fair few streaky bits when developed. Like in all tans in a bottle, it had that odd biscuit smell (you know which one I mean), however it was not at strong as previous fake tans that I have used, which was an advantage as I hate smelling like something that should be dipped in a cup of tea!! I also had the advantage of being able to apply this product with my hands, simply washing them as soon as I had finished applying. There was no signs of orange-ness on my palms which is always good.

The word 'instant' stood out to me when analysing the bottle, however I did not notice any instant changes of my skin tone. I went to bed in hope that there would be a noticeable change in the morning, and there was. I awoke with a natural glow, and did not feel the need to wear make-up as I was so pleased with how well it also cleared up my skin. As previously mentioned, there is a fair few streaky bits due to being unable to see where I had already applied the gel, so I have reapplied with more caution this evening, hoping to see even less of my paleness in the morning. 

A natural glow (as seen in above photo).

Overall, I am SO pleased with this product! I've always been rubbish at applying fake tan, so maybe the streaky bits are due to fault of my own. 
What fake tan products would you recommend? Let me know in the comments!

Autumn-Blaze 
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment