Tuesday 12 January 2016

The First Saturday of 2016 | Outfit of the Night

Although the first Saturday of 2016 was on the 2nd, it is only now that I have found time to write up a post about my outfit.
I spent my first Saturday of 2016 with friends in the local city. We had this booked for months, and it wasn't until that evening that we realised that our first weekend of 2016 was being celebrated with one another (Credit to the DJ at one of the clubs for actually announcing this, haha!)


Above photo: Polaroid photos with the ladies!

Originally, I bought 3 outfits to pick from for the night. I'm super picky and always have a mass debate! What if I'm too hot? What if I'm too cold? Shall I show off my legs? Does this outfit mean I have to fake tan? Surely I'm not the only one!
I singled my choices down to two, due to one of the dresses being unflattering on my ironing board physique. One of the choices was a Michelle Keegan for Lipsy lace black top, paired with Lipsy black shorts and New Look heels. (Below)


On the night, I decided on a pastel blue dress which I had purchased from PrettyLittleThing.com. I had never ordered from this website before, but I was SO impressed with the service as I selected next day delivery, and it actually came the next day! (Unlike Missguided, which once delivered my outfits 3 weeks later. Not cool).
As we waited to check into the hotel, my friend Laura and I decided to have a mooch around the shops. It was in New Look that I discovered some pale pink heels which were reduced to £9 from £25. I was still unwilling to spend my money (I'm super tight), but eventually Laura convinced me after showering me in compliments after I had tried the heels on. The purchase finalised my decision for what to wear and they were PERFECT for my outfit!

Above photo: Me on the left, Laura on the right.

It seems that I didn't get the memo, because all the other girls were dressed in black (oops), but I was still so happy with my choice of outfit, although I did look out of place!


The pastel blue dress and pale pink heels were paired with a pink clutch bag from New Look, my Tiffany & Co necklace, Michael Kors watch, Nomination bracelet, and Pandora bracelet. These are my everyday accessories, but they went so well with the dress - adding minimal, yet classy detail. (As seen in above photo)


For make-up, I used my No.7 foundation, then went on to use a MUA bronzer to contour, and a pressed Body Shop highlighter to add a shimmer just above my cheekbones and across the T-section.
A pale pink eyeshadow was used from a Next palette, and for lipgloss I also used a pale pink from a Next giftset which I got for Christmas.
My eyebrows were filled in using a powder, aswell as the Benefit 'Gimme Brow!'. I used two mascaras to enhance the length of my eyelashes, one of those being the Benefit 'They're Real' mascara.
Hair wise I simply tamed the mane by straightening it, keeping everything simple, but effective.






Above photos: My friends and I before we went out!

Unfortunately I forgot to get some close ups of my make-up, but that just gives me an excuse to go out again, right?! 
What do you think to my outfit? Would you have picked a different colour for the shoes and bag? Let me know in the comments!

Autumn-Blaze
xx




4 comments:

  1. love your outfit,it is gorgeous and you look totally amazing! Great deal on your shoes from New Look and you really just had to buy them for both the price and the fact that they are gorgeous! I also love your 1st outfit btw! Great post which was well written and so interesting,thanks hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, and thankyou for your feedback, it's appreciated sooo much!! xx

      Delete
  2. Haha I'm glad you bought them heels you tight ass !!! They are hot such a investment !!!! Love the fact you wore colour it pastel shades really suits you as your a beautiful blonde !!! Your soooo pretty honestly baby girl !!! Love your blog can't wait to see more sunshine !!

    https://onoitafashiondesign.wordpress.com

    Love you lots and always Nat xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous, aren't they?! Didn't even hurt my feet surprisingly! And thankyou so much, sending lots of love your way xxxxxxxxxx

      Delete