Friday 1 January 2016

NYE 2015 | Get Ready With Me!

Good evening, lovelies!
First of all..HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope that you all thoroughly enjoy 2016, and have constant joy and happiness throughout the year. Tonight's post is a 'Get Ready With Me!', showing off my make-up skills (or lack of them) to you wonderful beings, hopefully inspiring you along the way.

New Year's Eve is always an excuse for me to spend hours on my make-up (surely I'm not the only girl to do this?), and that is exactly what I did!

Above photo: Products I often use

During the day, I took my sister to the local shopping centre to run some errands. In order to keep my skin fresh as I knew I'd be wearing heavy make-up during the evening, I kept it basic with foundation and a light coat of mascara. The outfit I wore was the Boldly Bare knitted jumper dress by Hot!Mess, alongside some chocolate knee high boots from Dorothy Perkins. (See below)


Onto my evening look! First of all, I took off my make-up and washed my face with the Simple cleansing face wash. I first used this product at my boyfriends and have not looked back! It fabulous first thing in the morning to wake me up, and makes my skin super soft. 
I then used cotton pads to dab my face with rose water. It smells divine and scrubs off all excess make-up which you'd never imagine to be there!

Foundation wise, I used the No.7 Stay Perfect foundation. I had bought this previously, but then went on to buy Barry M foundation, however I discovered that the coverage with Barry M was not as good, and that more of the product was needed. Throughout the day it also made my face look oily, so back to Boots I went and purchased this foundation again! I swear by this product. Only a pea size of it is needed, and it does not feel as if it clogs up my pores. (See product below)



After adding Maybelline's Mastersculpt Contour Kit, eyeshadow powder, curling my eyelashes, a light coat of mascara and adding various eyeshadows (purple, gold, peach), it was time to add the finishing touches! (Above)


For eyebrows I almost always use a powder which my Mum got me last Christmas. But seeing as it was a 'special occasion', I got the Benefit gimme brow out! This product is slowly running out, and I can't bring myself to buy some more (am I too tight for not willing to pay another £17.50?), but I love it so much! For those of you who haven't tried this, it is almost like a mascara, but for your brows! I brush mine upwards using this in order to make them appear larger and fuller.


Next up was the Benefit benetint and 'They're Real!' mascara. Although I already had a light coat of mascara on, I added this in order to make them longer and thicker. I rarely use these products as they are fairly small due to being part of a gift set I received in 2014. 
I LOVE benetint as it is so easy to use and isn't too obvious on my skin. It's a light tint which I use on my cheeks, although it can also be used on lips.

And here is my final look! I added a bright red lip to jazz it up a little, alongside give a 'pop' to my outfit as I decided to wear all black.

Close up's of the look I created.

Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of my full outfit, but I wore a lace blouse from the Michelle Keegan range at Lipsy, black skinny jeans from New Look and black Vivienne Westwood pumps. Accessories worn were my usual of a love knot ring from my Grandma, Pandora ring and bracelet, Nomination bracelet and Michael Kors watch.

I hope that you all enjoyed this post and liked the look that I created, I cannot wait to create more looks for you all!
What style of make-up did you go for on New Year's Eve? Did you keep it minimal? How did you celebrate the New Year? Comment below!

A very Happy New Year to you all, best wishes for 2016.
Until next time,
Autumn-Blaze 
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment